Food Poisoning Outbreak in Visakhapatnam Linked to Restaurant Dining

Honey Gupta
1 Min Read
Food Poisoning Outbreak in Visakhapatnam

On Monday, a group of 13 young individuals were hospitalized at King George Hospital in Visakhapatnam, reportedly due to food poisoning. They had consumed chicken biryani and barbeque chicken wings at a popular restaurant in Gajuwaka the day before, on Sunday, October 9, 2023.

Following their Sunday meal, the 13 individuals experienced severe symptoms of vomiting and nausea on Monday, prompting their admission to the hospital. Hospital officials at KGH noted that the victims also exhibited signs of fever. Later that same evening, their condition deteriorated, leading to their transfer to St Ann’s Hospital in Malkapuram.

Join Now
Whatsapp Group
Whatsapp Channel
Telegram channel

Subsequently, nine of the affected individuals were discharged on Tuesday, while the remaining four continue to receive medical treatment at the hospital. The Visakhapatnam City Police have initiated an investigation into the suspected food poisoning incident at the Gajuwaka restaurant and have registered cases under IPC sections 269 and 272.

Share This Article
Hi I am 23 Year old Blogger specialized in writing on various domains such as travel, online courses, business opportunity, Finance, and Insurance
Leave a comment